Get Out of the House and Get Social
Twin Falls Senior Center offers many fun activities for seniors in the area to participate in throughout the day.
These activities can allow you to meet new people, socialize with friends, be entertained, and have fun no matter what the weather outside. Our activities change on a regular basis and we consider suggestions to schedule new activities. Recently, we have had quilting, exercise classes (Fit & Fall Proof & Tai Chi), computer classes, library bookmobile, card games (Bridge, Pinochle, Canasta, Cribbage), and nutritional presentations.
Our activities are physical, mental, educational, and simply fun. Call our center for questions on upcoming activities and activities that run continually, or click one of the images below to view a description of each activity.
Monthly Event Calendar
Download OCTOBER Event Calendar
Download SEPTEMBER Event Calendar
Download AUGUST Event Calendar
The Twin Falls Senior Center has a group of ladies (The Crazy Quilters) who work on putting the finishing touches on quilts as a group while socializing at the same time. Anyone who would like to share their quilting skills and work with others should come join the group. The ladies quilt every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday morning beginning at 9:00 a.m. in the Quilting Room (QR). The group usually finishes quilting at Noon. Beginners Welcome.
- Fit and fall Proof - is a free exercise program for older adults who want to improve their strength, balance, flexibility and mobility while decreasing their risk for falling. Classes are a great way to meet new people and have fun while being active. If you have any questions call the Twin Falls Senior Center at 734-5084.
- Tai Chi - An ancient Chinese art and discipline based on self-defense moves. The Tai Chi 108 Form teaches a set of techniques that is a “traditional” form of the Yang family Tia Chi. The class is just the matter of remembering the order of already familiar techniques. As for the meditation aspect, you will find it very powerful, both because of the way techniques are arranged, one after another, and because it simply is the longest one.The Tai Chi exercise classes are taught in a series by Laura Fryer who continues studying and practicing Tai Chi. There is no cost for the class. Class registration is required before you can attend the class. If you have any questions please call the Twin Falls Senior Center at 734-5084.
- Laughter Club (Happy Hour) - Need to release some stress? Laughing Yoga, aka the Laughter Club is now at the Twin Falls Senior Center on introducing others to laughter on Wednesday evenings at 5:30 pm. Please come as see what all the craze is about. Class Instructor, Mary Martinat, is a retired physical education instructor, and a proponent of laughter exercise. Come learn how laughing can help relieve stress, improve your immune system, even relieve pain along with helping you improve your breathing.
Special Clinics includes:
- Foot Clinics - If you are a senior in need of having your toenails trimmed, please call the Twin Falls Senior Center for an appointment. Services are rendered by Mary Garcia, LPN with Visions Home Health, LLC. Donations are accepted for the services. Offered every other Tuesday at 10:30AM.
- Blood Pressure Checks - The Twin Falls Senior Center occasionally has health care professionals performing blood pressure checks. Please check monthly calendar for dates and times.
Lunch Time Games
- Mega Monday Game - The Mega Monday Game is when you purchase a ticket for 50 cents or 2 tickets for a dollar to have a chance to win a progressive weekly pot. If your lucky ticket is selected, you get to draw from a deck of cards. You must select the Ace of Spades in order to win the pot. If you select the wrong card, that card is destroyed, so as the prize amount grows your chance to select the Ace of Spades is more likely.
- Ticket Tuesday - The Ticket Tuesday Game is when you purchase a ticket for 50 cents or 2 tickets for a dollar to have a chance to win one of three Twin Falls Senior Center free meal tickets or $2.00 in cash.
- Thunder Thursday - The Thunder Thursday Game is when you purchase a ticket for 50 cents or 2 tickets for a dollar to have a chance to win $2.00 in cash. When you have the winning ticket you yell out “Thunder”!
- Friday Bingo - Beginning at 11:30 you can select your lucky Bingo card for just 25 cents or 4 cards for $1.00. If you get a bingo you will win $1.00 for each bingo until the dollars run out.
- Nutritional Talks – Nutritional/Health Classes - The Twin Falls Senior Center has monthly nutritional presentations to help Seniors better understand their nutrition needs along with the do’s and don’ts about maintaining good overall health and nutrition while dealing with different medical issues. These presentations are usually scheduled between 11:30 am and 12:30 pm. Please check the monthly schedule of activities for the time and topic of the day.
- Twin Falls Senior Center - Board Meeting - The Twin Falls Senior Citizen’s Federation Board meeting will be held on the 3RD Monday at 5:15pm in the Center’s conference room. Topics covered will include old and new business along with monthly staff reports. Staff reports will include a kitchen report, home meal delivery report, and financial report. Members and the general public will welcome to attend the monthly meeting.
The Twin Falls Senior Center is offering a series of computer classes to area Seniors. The two week computer class consists of 4 one hour sessions held monthly. Please call 208-734-5084 to reserve your space in the next month’s class and verify instruction days. The class sizes are limited.
- Intro to Computers 1 - The Twin Falls Senior Center is offering basic computer classes to Seniors. Each session will include 4 – one hour classes. All students must take intro to computers before progressing to the next level. The topics covered will include an introduction to computer hardware and an overview on software. Emphasis will placed on perfecting the use of a mouse by navigating through applications including: Solitaire, Paint, Jigzone and Word Pad. Please call the Senior Center @ 734-5084 today to reserve your space in the next session of classes.
- Intro to Computers 2 - The Twin Falls Senior Center is offering basic computer classes to Seniors. Each session will include 4 – one hour classes. This class will include an introduction Microsoft Word. Topics covered will include: formatting text (bold, fonts, paragraphs, etc.) formatting page (margins, paper size, etc.), editing tools and more. A brief introduction to Windows 7 and the Internet will also be included. You must pass intro to Computers 1 before attending this class. Please call the Senior Center @ 734-5084 today to reserve your space in the next session of classes.
- Exploring Windows 7 - The Twin Falls Senior Center is Offering Windows 7 class to Seniors. Each session will include 4 - one hour classes. Intro to Computers 1 and 2 is required before entry into this course.Topics covered will include: how to manage files, change computer settings, exchange information between two programs, arrange icons and more.Please call the Senior Center at 734-5084 today to reserve your space in the next session of classes.
- Intro to the Internet - Each session will include 4 - one hour classes. Intro to Computers 1 and 2 is required before entry into this course. Topics covered will include: how to navigate the internet, create an email address, send and receive email, using search engines, chat groups and instant messages, download and zip files and more.Please call the Senior Center at 734-5084 today to reserve your space in the next session of classes.
- Intro to Facebook Classes - The Twin Falls Senior Center is offering instruction on using Facebook. Topics will include how to create, use and maintain your Facebook page on your own, including understanding the privacy policies and settings.If you are interested in attending, please call Jeanette Roe at 734-5084 to schedule a date for attendance.
- Oil Painting Classes by Don Oman. Classes are for beginners or experienced painters. You will be laying paint the very first class. Paint your own subjects or use Dons practice pictures at first. No pressure just relaxed fun. If you have any questions or want to set up an appointment please call Don at 734-0509 or Jeanette Roe at the Twin Falls senior Center at 734-5084. The Cost is $25.00 per person with sessions being 2 ½ hours long.
- Hand & Foot Canasta - Hand & Foot Canasta is played weekly at the Twin Falls Senior Center. Canasta is a card game for two to six players, relating to rummy and requiring six decks of cards. The Center is looking for individuals who like to play cards and wants to learn or already know how to play. Please join us for a fun afternoon of card playing.
- Bridge - • 2nd Tuesday Night - Dinner & (Rubber & Duplicate) Bridge – The Twin Falls Senior Center will be hosting a monthly dinner & Bridge play for rubber and duplicate bridge players. Registration and dinner will begin at 5:00 pm. Play will begin at 6:30 pm. Duplicate Bridge players will play in the Center’s multi-purpose room, and rubber bridge players will play in the main hall. Tournament play will continue monthly on the 2nd Tuesday of each month. Prizes will be awarded for rubber and duplicate players. Cost will be $13.00 per person which includes dinner and bridge. Anyone needing more information needs to contact Edna Pierson @ 539-5735.
- Cribbage - Cribbage is played weekly at the Twin Falls Senior Center on Tuesday’s afternoons. The Center is looking for individuals who like to play cribbage. Instruction is available for beginners or those who can remember who to apply all the rules. Please join us for cribbage.
- Pinochle - Tuesday Night - Come join other pinochle players for an evening of cards. Play begins @ 6:30 pm. Everyone is welcome to play. The cost per player is $2.00. If you have any questions, please call the Center at 734-5084. Thursday Afternoon - Come join other pinochle players for an afternoon of pinochle. Play begins @ 1:00 pm. Everyone is welcome to play. The cost per player is $2.00. If you have any questions, please call the Center at 734-5084.
Note – Lunch time entertainment begins at 11:30 am
- 2nd Wednesday Entertainment - Michael Johnson will play is guitar and sing folk and country songs. He provides easy listening music prior to the Twin Falls Senior Center's lunch. Come join us for lunch including soup, salad, and dessert and this extra special entertainment.
- 3rd Wednesday Entertainment - The Magic Valley Gem Fiddlers will play numerous selections of music prior to the Twin Falls Senior Center's lunch. Come join us for lunch including soup, salad, and dessert and enjoy this local entertainment.
- 4th Wednesday Entertainment – Legacy Band has several members including Tom Lancaster, who will entertain you with their Old Time Country songs. They are the main feature for the Center’s monthly BIRTHDAY All birthdays for the month will be celebrated. Please come enjoy special entertainment and lunch including Birthday Cake.
- Every Thursday Entertainment - The Twin Falls Senior Center was donated a wonderful organ. Congregate member Pat Blessin plays a variety of songs for everyone’s enjoyment before the lunch time announcements. If you know of anyone who would like to play the organ during lunch time, please contact the Center today at 734-5084.
- Saturday Entertainment - Marla Garrett will play her guitar and sing Old time Rock & Roll, Country and Gospel. Once she starts playing you don’t want her to stop. Come join us for our special Saturday breakfast and enjoy Marla’s special entertainment. Please check the only calendar for dates and times.
- Other Special entertainment – The Twin Falls Senior Center will occasionally have other special entertainment during the month. Please check the monthly calendar.
- If you are interesting in showcasing your special performance or talents for the Seniors, please call the Center at 734-5084.
- Nutritional/Health Classes - The Twin Falls Senior Center has monthly nutritional presentations to help Seniors better understand their nutrition needs along with the do’s and don’t’s about maintaining good overall health and nutrition while dealing with different medical issues. These presentations are usually scheduled between 11:30 am and 12:30pm. Please check the monthly schedule of activities for the time and topic of the day.
- TOPS - Are you ready to stop dieting and start making real changes? TOPS can help you reach your weight-loss goals by providing you with the tools, information, support, and accountability you need to be successful. Weekly meetings can help you take an honest look at the changes you need to make, show you that true health isn't a certain pants size, or even a number on a scale, and help you appreciate who you are on the inside and the outside right now. Call Cindy Blastock at 734-2641 if you are interested in attending this weekly meeting at the Twin Falls Senior Center.
- Visually Impaired Support Group Meeting - If you or your spouse has a diagnosed vision problem, such as Glaucoma, Macular degeneration, or diabetes caused vision problems this meeting group is for you. The support group meets the last Thursday of the month following lunch at the Twin Falls Senior Center. The support group also host guest experts and interesting speakers to help with education, peer counseling, independent living, as well as group discussions. For More information, call the Idaho Commission for the Blind at 734-2140.
- Alzheimer’s Support Group Meeting - If you, your spouse, a loved one, or a friend has been diagnosed with Alzheimer’s this support group is for you. The support group will help answer questions and give you support to assist you on how to deal with this illness. This monthly meeting is scheduled at 10:30 am on the third Wednesday of the month.
- Twin Falls Sheriff’s Office – Answering your Questions - Dan Thom with the Twin Falls Sheriff’s Office will be coming monthly to the Twin Falls Senior Center to answer your questions or concerns during lunch time (usually the last Monday of the month). This is a great opportunity to get to know what your Sheriff’s office is doing to protect their area citizens.
- Senior Citizen’s Advisory Commission - Brian Pike and/or other City officials with the City of Twin Falls will be talking with Seniors at the Twin Falls Senior Center. This is an excellent opportunity to voice your opinion or concerns and help the City of Twin Falls plan for the future needs of seniors in Twin Falls. The first step starts with you. Please check the monthly schedule for dates (usually scheduled for every other Friday at 12:15)