The Twin Falls Senior Center provides meals at Noon Monday through Friday at the Center. Meals are 1/3 the daily nutritional requirement. The meal includes a main course, fresh bread, vegetable, salad, fruit, dessert, and a beverage (coffee, tea, water, milk). Each day the staff prepares a soup of the day to go along with your meal. If you are over the age of 60 a donation of $5.00 is suggested (however not required) for each meal. If you are under age 60 you are required to pay $6.00 per meal (which includes tax).
Meals on Wheels
The Twin Falls Senior Center provides home delivered meals to home bound seniors through their Meals on Wheels program. Meals are delivered by volunteer drivers between the hours of 10:45 am and Noon. Hot meals are available for delivery Monday through Friday. Weekend meals are delivered to your home frozen on Friday. If you are interested in receiving meals, please call the Twin Falls Senior Center at 734-5084.
Meals are available under several different programs.
- Medicaid Meals – If you have been authorized meals through Medicaid’s A&D waiver program, you are allowed to select the Twin Falls Senior Center to provide the daily meals to you. Your meals will be paid for the Medicaid. Meal authorization will come from the Department of Health & Welfare.
- Blue Cross Meals – If you considered fully dual eligible through Medicare and Medicaid and have selected Blue Cross Insurance you may be authorized meals through Medicaid’s A&D waiver program. You are allowed to select the Twin Falls Senior Center to provide the daily meals to you. Your meals will be paid for by Blue Cross. Meal authorization will come from Blue Cross.
- Private Pay Meals – If you would like to receive meals delivered to your home without meal authorizations you can privately pay for the meals. No ages restrictions or pre-qualifications are needed. The meal cost is $5.50 per meal. Meal payments are required to continue service and not a suggested donation.
- Office on Aging Meals – The Office on Aging provides funds designated from the Older American’s Act to the Twin Falls Senior Center for each meal served. Individuals must be over the age of 60, home-bound, and unable to prepare their own meals. Priority will be given to those who are living below the poverty level, food insecure, having major medical issues, and living alone. These meals are provided for a suggested donation of $5.00, however, donating to the Center is not required to receive meals. Meal authorization will come from staff members at the Region IV Office on Aging located on the CSI campus. You may call 208-736-2122 for an assessment. If you are placed on the Office on Aging waiting list, you can then call the Center at 734-5084 to get the meals started immediately.
- Chi Grant Meals – Funding through St Luke’s Hospital Community Health Initiative allows individuals with major medical problems and limited financial resources to receive meals. Primary focus is on those under age 60. For those over age 60, they must be unable to qualify for any other program meals listed above. These individuals need the meals to help maintain their nutritional health they will continue to manage chronic health issues.
- Private/Grant Funded Meals – The Twin Falls Senior Center has secured funding to provide meals to those who need assistance, but don’t qualify for the programs listed above or have been placed on a waiting list by the Office on Aging. Individuals must contact the Twin Falls Senior Center for meal authorization. Note – Due to the limited amount of funding, qualified individuals will be moved to other meal programs as quickly as possible when funding is available.