by Shawna Wasko, M.OLP PI/Nutrition Contracts Manager
As a caregiver are you aware that the CSI Office on Aging contracts with providers to provide respite services to a caregiver? Some of you may not be aware of what respite is. Respite Care offers caregivers a break with companionship, supervision,
This is a very busy time of year, many of us as caregivers are overwhelmed with the weather, caregiving duties, and the recent holidays. Many do not have time to shop, go to the pharmacy, see a doctor for their health needs, or have a haircut; how about a nap; a nap sounds good to me. We at the Office on Aging can offer qualified caregivers up to 16 hours a month in Respite Care for their loved ones they care for. All you need to do is call the Office on Aging (208-736-2122) and go through a few questions to see if you qualify. For those of you who qualify this is a free service.
As a caregiver to my parents, I feel myself getting more tired as the winter months wear on. I was looking up funny sayings the other day about emotional and physical exhaustion. I just needed a laugh. Respite can be laughter also. Here are a few sayings that made me laugh:
- Have you ever had that awkward moment when you are wearing Nike’s and you Can’t do it?
- I’m mentally and emotionally exhausted! I would have added physically’, but I can still move my pinky.
- Therapy is expensive, poppin’ bubble wrap is cheap. You choose.
- Sometimes I amaze myself; other times I can’t remember what day it is.
- I am not an early bird or a night owl. I am some form of a permanently exhausted pigeon.
Hope you laughed. I also hope you will consider Respite Care. Happy New Year !!