Get Out of the House and Get Social
Twin Falls Senior Center offers many fun activities for seniors in the area to participate in throughout the day.
These activities can allow you to meet new people, socialize with friends, be entertained, and have fun no matter what the weather outside. Our activities change on a regular basis and we consider suggestions to schedule new activities. Recently, we have had:
- exercise classes (Fit & Fall Proof & Tai Chi),
- computer classes,
- library bookmobile,
- card games (Bridge, Pinochle, Canasta, Cribbage),
- and nutritional presentations.
Our activities are physical, mental, educational, and simply fun. Call our center for questions on upcoming activities and activities that run continually. To find out when the activities are scheduled, CLICK HERE.
The Twin Falls Senior Center has a group of ladies (The Crazy Quilters) who work on putting the finishing touches on quilts as a group while socializing at the same time. Anyone who would like to share their quilting skills and work with others should come join the group. The ladies quilt every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday morning beginning at 9:00 a.m. in the Quilting Room (QR). The group usually finishes quilting at Noon. Beginners Welcome.
Special Clinics includes:
- Foot Clinics – If you are a senior in need of having your toenails trimmed, please call the Twin Falls Senior Center for an appointment. Services are rendered by Mary Garcia, LPN with Visions Home Health, LLC. Donations are accepted for the services. Offered every other Tuesday at 10:30 AM.
- Blood Pressure Checks – The Twin Falls Senior Center occasionally has health care professionals performing blood pressure checks. Please check the monthly calendar for dates and times.
The Twin Falls Senior Center is offering a series of computer classes to area Seniors. The two-week computer class consists of 4 one hour sessions held monthly. Please call 208-734-5084 to reserve your space in the next month’s class and verify instruction days. The class sizes are limited.
- Intro to Computers 1 – The Twin Falls Senior Center is offering basic computer classes to Seniors. Each session will include 4 – one-hour classes. All students must take intro to computers before progressing to the next level. The topics covered will include an introduction to computer hardware and an overview of the software. Emphasis will be placed on perfecting the use of a mouse by navigating through applications including Solitaire, Paint, Jigzone and Word Pad. Please call the Senior Center @ 734-5084 today to reserve your space in the next session of classes.
- Intro to Computers 2 – The Twin Falls Senior Center is offering basic computer classes to Seniors. Each session will include 4 – one-hour classes. This class will include an introduction to Microsoft Word. Topics covered will include formatting text (bold, fonts, paragraphs, etc.) formatting page (margins, paper size, etc.), editing tools and more. A brief introduction to Windows 7 and the Internet will also be included. You must pass intro to Computers 1 before attending this class. Please call the Senior Center @ 734-5084 today to reserve your space in the next session of classes.
- Exploring Windows 7 – The Twin Falls Senior Center is Offering Windows 7 class to Seniors. Each session will include 4 – one-hour classes. Intro to Computers 1 and 2 is required before entry into this course. Topics covered will include: how to manage files, change computer settings, exchange information between two programs, arrange icons and more. Please call the Senior Center at 734-5084 today to reserve your space in the next session of classes.
- Intro to the Internet – Each session will include 4 – one-hour classes. Intro to Computers 1 and 2 is required before entry into this course. Topics covered will include: how to navigate the internet, create an email address, send and receive an email, using search engines, chat groups, and instant messages, download, and zip files and more. Please call the Senior Center at 734-5084 today to reserve your space in the next session of classes.
- Intro to Facebook Classes – The Twin Falls Senior Center is offering instruction on using Facebook. Topics will include how to create, use and maintain your Facebook page on your own, including understanding the privacy policies and settings. If you are interested in attending, please call Jeanette Roe at 734-5084 to schedule a date for attendance.
Oil Painting Classes by Don Oman. Classes are for beginners or experienced painters. You will be laying paint in the very first class. Paint your own subjects or use Dons practice pictures at first. No pressure just relaxed fun. If you have any questions or want to set up an appointment please call Don at 734-0509 or Jeanette Roe at the Twin Falls Senior Center at 734-5084. The Cost is $25.00 per person with sessions being 2 ½ hours long.
- Hand & Foot Canasta – Hand & Foot Canasta is played weekly at the Twin Falls Senior Center. Canasta is a card game for two to six players, relating to rummy and requiring six decks of cards. The Center is looking for individuals who like to play cards and want to learn or already know how to play. Please join us for a fun afternoon of card playing.
- Bridge – • 2nd Tuesday Night – Dinner & (Rubber & Duplicate) Bridge – The Twin Falls Senior Center will be hosting a monthly dinner & Bridge play for rubber and duplicate bridge players. Registration and dinner will begin at 5:00 pm. Play will begin at 6:30 pm. Duplicate Bridge players will play in the Center’s multi-purpose room, and rubber bridge players will play in the main hall. Tournament play will continue monthly on the 2nd Tuesday of each month. Prizes will be awarded for rubber and duplicate players. The cost will be $13.00 per person which includes dinner and bridge. Anyone needing more information needs to contact Edna Pierson @ 539-5735.
- Cribbage – Cribbage is played weekly at the Twin Falls Senior Center on Tuesday afternoons. The Center is looking for individuals who like to play cribbage. Instruction is available for beginners or those who can remember who to apply all the rules. Please join us for cribbage.
- Pinochle – Tuesday Night – Come join other pinochle players for an evening of cards. Play begins @ 6:30 pm. Everyone is welcome to play. The cost per player is $2.00. If you have any questions, please call the Center at 734-5084. Thursday Afternoon – Come join other pinochle players for an afternoon of pinochle. Play begins @ 1:00 pm. Everyone is welcome to play. The cost per player is $2.00. If you have any questions, please call the Center at 734-5084.
- Visually Impaired Support Group Meeting – If you or your spouse has a diagnosed vision problem, such as Glaucoma, Macular degeneration, or diabetes caused vision problems this meeting group is for you. The support group meets the last Thursday of the month following lunch at the Twin Falls Senior Center. The support group also hosts guest experts and interesting speakers to help with education, peer counseling, independent living, as well as group discussions. For More information, call the Idaho Commission for the Blind at 734-2140.
- Alzheimer’s Support Group Meeting – If you, your spouse, a loved one, or a friend has been diagnosed with Alzheimer’s this support group is for you. The support group will help answer questions and give you support to assist you on how to deal with this illness. This monthly meeting is scheduled at 10:30 am on the third Wednesday of the month.
- Twin Falls Sheriff’s Office – Answering your Questions – Dan Thom with the Twin Falls Sheriff’s Office will be coming monthly to the Twin Falls Senior Center to answer your questions or concerns during lunchtime (usually the last Monday of the month). This is a great opportunity to get to know what your Sheriff’s office is doing to protect their area citizens.
- Senior Citizen’s Advisory Commission – Brian Pike and/or other City officials with the City of Twin Falls will be talking with Seniors at the Twin Falls Senior Center. This is an excellent opportunity to voice your opinion or concerns and help the City of Twin Falls plan for the future needs of seniors in Twin Falls. The first step starts with you. Please check the monthly schedule for dates (usually scheduled for every other Friday at 12:15)